HoTMetaL Pro 4.0

by Kayla Block <kblock(at)placeware.com>

 Date:  Wed, 11 Feb 1998 15:25:09 -0800
 To:  Jim Tom Polk <jtpolk(at)camalott.com>,
hwg-software(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
The main difference I'm hearing between those of us who have had good
experiences with this program and those who have had bad experiences with
it is whether we are more likely to use the wysiwyg mode vs those who use
the source mode. I tend to use the source mode almost exclusively and have
rarely had problems with it. I tend to construct tables using the wysiwyg
mode but once those tables exist, I never edit them using their editors
(but instead use the text edit mode).
What I most love about this program is that it adds beautiful and easy to
read white space to my source. Also, where I work, many people tend to
write html with lots of unclosed <td> and <tr> tags which is within spec,
but makes it hard to track down real problems. HoTMetaL Pro 4.0
automagically closes those tags.
No, the program is not the cheapest out there and yes it has some
limitations, but I could no longer live without it in my toolbox!  :-)

Kayla