Re: wysiwyg

by Dan Cash <dmcash(at)facstaff.wisc.edu>

 Date:  Wed, 15 Apr 1998 12:21:00 -0500
 To:  hwg-software(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 02:32 AM 4/15/1998 -0400, you wrote:
>hi, i was wondering if anyone is running NetObjects Fusion 3.0 and if so
>what they think of it. thanks :)
>
>mike

It came with the PeopleSoft Higher Education package that
UW's switching over to. I'm in the process of reviewing
it for our users who don't know and don't want to learn
html and still create pages. I haven't done a lot with it
yet, but my first impression is that the learning curve to
use it well is almost as high as just learning HTML would
be. It also does some interesting things with directory
structure when you publish the website. I'm not sure yet
what my final opinion will be, but if it was just me
I'd throw it out and stick with homesite.
Which might be biased, since that's how I've felt about
every wyziwyg I've ever seen. :-)
I heard about a UW page dedicated to reviewing wyziwygs.
I will hunt down the URL and send it later if it exists.

Dan