Re: interactive web pages

by Robert White <r.white(at)ashowa.com>

 Date:  Sat, 01 Apr 2000 19:03:15 +1000
 To:  hwg-software(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

Stephen wrote:
>Actually I have Java turned off for security reasons...
>One guy I know, goes so far as to disable Cookies, Java,
>JavaScript, Refering URLs and some other stuff

I think malicious applets were a problem. But that was back in '96.

Now that Java is more mature and the bugs have been fixed security is no longer a significant issue. And so for most of us there is nothing to worry about.

And besides if you turn off Javascript etc then you miss some great web page design. And lose half the fun of surfing. Whats the point of that?

C'mon Steven; turn on, tune in to Roast and knock out those alien space ships!

  http://www.ashowa.com/games/roast.html

robert