RE: WYSIWYG . . . <update>

by Kayla Block <kblock(at)placeware.com>

 Date:  Tue, 23 Mar 1999 10:32:23 -0800
 To:  "Captain F.M. O'Lary" <webmaster(at)canopy.net>,
hwg-software(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 11:32 PM 3/22/99 -0500, Captain F.M. O'Lary wrote:
>Well, so far two responses.
>
>1) Proved their original message was smoke and mirrors.

Eh?

>"I use a combo of
>Emacs and HoTMetaL Pro 5 with occas use of Homesite to develop my html.
>Personally, I prefer HoTMetaL for various reasons, but in some ways
>Dreamweaver (which I also use sometimes) works better."

>Uuuum, sorry. That isn't a WYSIWYG editor writing valid HTML Mam.

This has nothing to do with valid html, it has to do with what tools I'm
most comfortable with for what purpose.

I stand by my original assertion.

And if you have some code produced exclusively in Dreamweaver that wouldn't
validate, I'd like to see the code and know what standard you were
validating against.

>2) Provided 14 errors in one file (then I stopped counting). BTW - if you
>are interested it was Dreamweaver.
>
>Any canned editors out there that write valid HTML? . . . NONE so far.

How would you know? Your ignorance of what's out there suggests to me that
you have no clue what you're talking about and don't care to take the time
to find out.

Kayla