Re: help me please! (its off the topic but i didn't know where else to

by Christopher Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>

 Date:  Wed, 26 Jan 2000 15:57:37 +1100
 To:  Comharsa <comharsa(at)clara.net>
 Cc:  hwg-software(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 19:42 23/01/00 +0000, Comharsa wrote:
>Yes, I have considered this and decided that if I think a site looks best in
>a particular font/style/colour/whatever this is how it should look. After
>all, who is designing a site? Publishers don't offer books in a range of
>fonts so that you can choose the one you prefer to read.

Umm - actually they DO!!!  There are a number of books republished with
LARGE FONTS for the visually impaired.

Even the CSS specifications allow for users to over-ride a page's fonts
with their own preferences.  For accessibility reasons the User preference
always overrides that of the designer.

Of course, using Lynx ALWAYS overrides font preferences :-)

Chris Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>
Institute of Land and Food Resources
University of Melbourne http://www.landfood.unimelb.edu.au

Count-down to "beach-time" : 3 sleeps