Re: Database

by Christopher Higgs <chiggs(at)unimelb.edu.au>

 Date:  Tue, 08 Apr 2003 11:33:05 +1000
 To:  David D Pippen <pipwax1(at)bellsouth.net>,
List Software <hwg-software(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
G'Day David

At 07:26 AM 7/04/2003 -0400, David D Pippen wrote:
>I would like to know if you can create a database using an image with a
>caption as the data to be referenced.
>
>for example here is what I want to do create a site where the user can come
>and upload an image with a caption, then another user can come and browse or
>reference the uploaded Images.

It isn't feasible to incorporate the graphic file into the database (unless
you want to move into document management systems) however is is very easy
to use a simple database to manage the description and location of the
image within a file system.

Chris Higgs
Manager, New Learning Technology
ILFR, University of Melbourne
http://www.landfood.unimelb.edu.au/
Phone: +61 3 8344 9749  Fax: + 61 3 9348 2156