dropcaps [was: Re: Pseudo-elements]

by "Lady Wistfulee" <wistfulee(at)hawaii.rr.com>

 Date:  Thu, 4 Nov 1999 12:05:28 -1000
 To:  <hwg-style(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi,
Searching through my archives I found this; paste it into any editor & =
have fun playing with it. Hope it helps:

<head>

     BODY {=20
  font-size:12pt;
 =20
 }
 =20
 .dropcap {
  color:blue;
  font-size:24pt;
  font-variant:small-caps;
  float:left;
  width:20pt;
  vertical-align:text-top;
  border-width:0;
 =20
 }

<title>Dropcap Example</title>
</head>

including border
&amp; background should you choose.</p>

here you put more stuff to say<br>
and then even more stuff to say<br>
and if you want to get wordy put even more stuff to say!</p>

Good luck!
----- Original Message -----=20