Re: external style sheet ???

by "Mark Pinkston" <markpinkston(at)proaxis.com>

 Date:  Thu, 21 Oct 1999 11:45:59 -0700
 To:  <hwg-style(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>Should I make up
>all my pages, then do the external style page, then go back and insert the
>proper rules?
>Do I make a list of any possible style rules that I might use
>and then eliminate what I don't use?

Hi Sherill,

I don't do either of those. I write the page and the rules simultaneously.
Don't know how you're writing your code, but I use Wordpad on Win95. I just
open a window with my style.css file in it, and another with my index.html
in it. As I write the HTML, I put the class attributes in each tag. Then I
bring up the CSS window and add the class rule to that file. You'll probably
get many other ways to do it, but this works for me.

Don't forget to add the <LINK> in the head of your HTML file.

HTH,
Mark
My e-mail - mailto:markpinkston(at)proaxis.com
My Web site - http://www.proaxis.com/~markpinkston/
Member of the HTML Writers Guild - http://www.hwg.org/
Support Web Standards NOW! - http://www.webstandards.org/
Design sites for accessibility - http://www.w3.org/WAI/