Re: Why does my background-color no longer work?

by Complex <complex_hwg(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Fri, 12 Jul 2002 10:38:09 -0700 (PDT)
 To:  Complex <complex_hwg(at)yahoo.com>,
Laurey <laurey(at)semistixstudio.com>,
hwg-style(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Okay, maybe this will clarify the matter. Maybe it just confuses
everything.

While continuing development, I put the following style in my
stylesheet, http://www.scanalytics.com/resources/scana_style_03.css:
.bordered2 {font-size: 11 pt; background-color: #eee; padding: 2px;
border: solid 1px #c00}

And then I used the style on the table cell I showed you earlier, like
this:
<.td class="bordered2">

THAT DID NOT WORK.

Oddly enough, I made that into a document-level style definition:
			<.style type="text/css">
				<.!--
				.bordered2 {font-size: 11 pt; background-color: #eee; padding: 2px;
border: solid 1px #c00}
				-->
			<./style>

And THAT DID WORK.

I know that my page (in this case, the constantly-changing
http://www.scanalytics.com/webtest/index.shtml) IS seeing the
stylesheet, because other elements of the page are being styled
properly.

Suffice to say, I would _love_ to hear anyone's ideas on why this style
definition did not work from the external stylesheet.
I'd also still like to know how I broke those two horizontal lines.

Thanks again,
complex