Re: Don't understand text-align

by shortestpath <shortestpath(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Sat, 27 Dec 2003 21:04:03 -0800 (PST)
 To:  hwg-style(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

--- Robert Nicholson <robert(at)elastica.com> wrote:
can you post some code?
-alex

--- Robert Nicholson <robert(at)elastica.com> wrote:
So I've got one page where I have an image inside a DIV with
text-align: center and the
image is correctly centered in that block. Making me think that
text-align will center the contents of a block.

Another page I have a series of thumbnails which are themselves a DIV
block wrapping both an image and a caption (float: left) inside a DIV
block with a fixed width which is smaller than the width of the browser

and that DIV block is in another DIV block that is the full width of
the browser.

What I don't understand is why text-align doesn't center the first DIV
block inside the second.

I know I could bring these thumbnails in via a left margin but I want
everything to be correctly centered based on the width of the browser.