Re: accessibility definitions

by Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg(at)idyllmtn.com>

 Date:  Wed, 29 Sep 1999 11:22:11 -0700
 To:  "Donna M Smillie" <dms(at)zetnet.co.uk>
 Cc:  "HWG CSS Style List" <hwg-style(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 11:05 AM 9/29/1999 , Donna M Smillie wrote:
>Lots of info and resources re accessibility at http://aware.hwg.org/ .  In
>particular, here's one definition of accessibility listed there -
>http://www.starlingweb.com/webac.htm .

I was about to say this very thing, but Donna beat me to it. :)

I like Chuck Letourneau's definition, which is at the second URL
above; the W3C's Web Accessibility Initiative uses the following
definition in their Web Content Accessibility Guidelines:

      "Content is accessible when it may be used by someone
       with a disability."
      http://www.w3.org/TR/WAI-WEBCONTENT/#glossary

Might be too simplistic and basic for reasonable use -- Chuck's
definition is annotated and very nice.

--
Kynn Bartlett                                    mailto:kynn(at)hwg.org