Re: Tables, backgrounds, HTML4, and, of course, style sheets...

by Jim <webmaster(at)thedigitalpage.com>

 Date:  Wed, 03 Nov 1999 12:29:22 -0800
 To:  <hwg-style(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 11:11 AM 11/3/99 , David Meadows tickled the electrons and they aligned
themselves to form these words:
[snip]

> > repetitious[...]
>
>If you want to cut out some repetition, try this:
>
>TD {background-color: #F2F2B3}
>TD.top1 {background-image: URL(graphics/top1.gif) }
>TD.left {background-image: URL(graphics/legalpad_05.gif) }
>TD.right {background-image: URL(graphics/legalpad_05a.gif) }
>
>This will apply the background colour to all the TD elements and then apply
>the background images to the three specific classes.
>
>TD.top1, TD.left, and TD.right will "inherit" any styles you apply generally
>to TD, plus they will also use any styles specifically applied to them. If
>there are ever any conflicts, the specific styles take precedence.

Well, there you go Roger. David has boiled it down to the bare essentials,
I would say.

Let us know when you get it working so we can see the finished product.

Jim Parsons
webmaster(at)thedigitalpage.com
phone: (509) 521-5424
fax: (603) 288-0200