Re: Good CSS Reading material recommendations

by Kimiko Drew <macruimmon(at)earthlink.net>

 Date:  Wed, 13 Jun 2001 08:59:13 -0700
 To:  "HWG-Style" <hwg-style(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 09:53 AM 6/13/01 -0700, Ed Peddycoart wrote:
>Looking for a good book on CSS...Any suggestions?  Prefer a style of writing
>that takes the reader from beginner to intermediate/advance in steps.  Maybe
>a teach yourself CSS in X days/weeks etc.
>Ed

Cascading Style Sheets: The Definitive Guide.
Eric A Meyer & Richard Koman (Editor)

This was recommended under the hwg banner, and I looked at it. As an
O'Reiley book, I thought it would be a dry read (as many O'Reiley's can be,
at least to me.) but I found it interesting, logical, straightforward and
an enjoyable read. I highly recommend it. What I especially liked was that
it told you what works in todays browsers and what has glitches, and how to
work around the glitches. And it does it in easy to digest and work with
chunks.

I tried a few other "learn in 24 hour" type books, and nothing else seemed
to encapsulate it all as well as this did. Too many other left out too much
for my tastes. But then I am the type who likes to understand the whys, not
just the "do action A for result B."

I have since loaned my copy to a friend, and I hope I get it back soon, as
I am in need of looking up a couple of things.

Enjoy your reading.  :-)

Kimiko Drew
macruimmon(at)earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~macruimmon/

a web designer in The Camarilla
White Wolf's Official Fan Club

Nothing happens unless first a dream. - Carl Sandburg