Re: Link Colors

by Kynn Bartlett <kynn(at)idyllmtn.com>

 Date:  Sat, 9 Feb 2002 08:34:03 -0800
 To:  "Lisa Bradshaw" <zibbler(at)mediaone.net>,
<hwg-style(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 6:51 AM -0500 2/9/02, Lisa Bradshaw wrote:
>Well, every time I've tried to use the a:hover attribute in NN 4.7, it ended
>up stacking my links on top of each other and no hand pointer for the links,
>hence no links that would work. As soon as I took the a:hover out, all links
>behaved as they should. If you know of a way to make it work, please let me
>know, because I couldn't get it to work in NN 4.7.

What properties were you trying to select with an a:hover selector?
Netscape 4 has serious problems with certain types of rules set on
inline elements -- such as borders and margins.

A way around these types of problems is to put your a:hover rules,
which won't work in Netscape, in a separate file and then use @import.
Since Netscape 4 doesn't understand @import, it won't ever see the
a:hover rules.

--Kynn