Re: Removing the Alts

by ErthWlkr(at)aol.com

 Date:  Tue, 12 Dec 2000 06:21:49 EST
 To:  hwg-style(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
HI Folks:

It was written:

> Lots of people have got back to me to say that I shouldn't remove the alt
>  tags. I agree and if it were possible I would put in each alt tag. However
>  I'm dealing with over 150 images and simply don't have the time. If someone
>  could tell me how to hide the tags I'd really appreciate it.

Is it possible to do a search-and replace in your authoring program and place
the alt tags inside a comment tag?

ie:  alt replaced with <!--alt
      "> replaced with "-->

This obviously would only work if the alt tag came at the end of the image
tag.

I don't condone this - but as someone wrote, there could be a legitimate
reason...

Just a thought...

- Jeff K.