Re: helping html-illiterate content managers

by =?iso-8859-1?B?TGF1cmkgVuRpbg==?= <optima(at)hot.ee>

 Date:  Wed, 4 Oct 2000 20:47:21 +0300
 To:  "Lady Wistfulee" <nospammerstowistfulee(at)millenicom.com>,
"HWG Techniques Discussion" <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Lady Wistfulee,

I work in Ericsson Estonia. Here a company designed our site and updating the
content happens with database solutions. People enter the text into a form, then
it goes into a database and later it's displayed inside the template. It has
some downsides, but for non-HTMLers this solution would be OK. The site also
uses ActiveX controls, to make stuff like bold text, change the font and so on
(it looks pretty much as MS Word).

Another option would be to use Dreamweaver(somebody already mentioned this). It
allows you to "lock" the template area and only allows to add text to the
unlocked areas(unless the function is turned off from the menu). I'm sure I did
a bad job in explaining it. Power users can screw up your code, no matter what
you do!

Yours,
Lauri