RE: Netscape 6 and mouseovers

by "John Woram" <john(at)woram.com>

 Date:  Wed, 17 Jul 2002 08:41:09 -0400
 To:  <thewolves(at)bigfoot.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Larry Coats wrote: "Withh nothing visual to indicate which buttons are
image maps, the user must (1) happen to notice that the tooltip
changes if the mouse moves left or right over a button, and (2) then
try to figure how many different choices there are."

You're right of course (I hate it when that happens). I'm still
experimenting with ways to keep the site manageable, and the
multi-section button is still not the ideal solution. But, for viewers
who aren't aware of it, clicking the button at any point brings up a
page, and that page has links to the other two pages. So, complete
functionality is always there, even if one doesn't know about the
image map. If one does, then using it is just a helpful shortcut.
Also, the Help page has a detailed description of the feature. But
after reading your comments, I think I should add a "See Help for
details" link in the column next to these two buttons.

John Woram