Re: Connection Speed Statistics?

by "Dusty" <designsbydusty(at)tiadon.com>

 Date:  Fri, 16 Aug 2002 06:52:22 -0500
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I, too, live in a rural area. However, Southwestern Bell assures me that I
have exactly the same phone line for my computer as I have for my "regular"
phone line. A couple of months ago, I got tired of being connected at 24 to
26K all the time, and had a repairman come out. He made some adjustments on
the line. Between that, and installing a brand new modem, I now connect at
between 38 and 44 K, which I have been told is the best that I can hope to
achieve.

Dusty