Re: Stock quote feature?

by "Mike Taylor" <lonewolf(at)one.net>

 Date:  Tue, 18 Jan 2000 23:31:04 -0500
 To:  unlisted-recipients:;(at)mail.hwg.org (no To-header on input)
 Cc:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>

From: Susan Duncan <sduncan(at)malico.com>
To: Mike Taylor <lonewolf(at)one.net>
Cc: <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2000 9:39 PM
Subject: Re: Stock quote feature?

> Unless you are looking to get your feed from somewhere else, I would
> suggest dealing with PCQUOTE directly as they do have
> http://www.pcquote.com/hypertools/onsite.html solutions that would mean
> that you are getting the data directly and then having your servers do
> the displaying.  They have other options as well that may work for you.

That's what we're already using, unfortunately.  Even PCQUOTE's own page
locks up when you do any searches on stocks like CSCO or MSFT or any of the
popular ones.  The pages simply time out because there's so much data.  We
were hoping there was another alternative out there besides PCQUOTE, but
it's not exactly looking like one exists.

Thanks for the reply.

Mike