RE: ASP

by "Teressa Terry" <shelter(at)drizzle.com>

 Date:  Wed, 11 Apr 2001 18:43:35 -0700
 To:  "'Kimiko Drew'" <macruimmon(at)earthlink.net>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Often they just want a designer who can find their way around in ASP enough
to format the pages that the ASP code creates. And this is incredibly easy
to do because it contains html tags that you can recognize and apply CSS
styles, etc. You just need to know little things like: no double quotes
inside of html tags, which are inside ASP tags. When I work with developers
I usually create a static html page that looks the way I want it, they take
it from there and wrap the ASP code around my html code, I get it back and
tweak the html as needed. If you can do JavaScript, you can probably figure
this out.

I guess it's possible that they really want someone who can code ASP, but
I'd ask them first. Sometimes the recruiters haven't got a clue!

Cheers,
Teressa