Re: IE 5.5

by "Nancy Whittley" <jnwhittley(at)fuse.net>

 Date:  Thu, 27 Jul 2000 06:55:14 -0400
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
My version is IE 5.50.4134.0600 and I couldn't see the page. I went to the
same
page in Netscape and it displayed just fine. I had both browsers open and
Netscape
showed it IE didn't.  Maybe if we narrow it down to the version number, that
might
be the common denominator.

Nancy

> That's funny... I don't think it's an IE5.5 issue, since I went to the
link
> provided in MSIE 5.5 (Windows Millennium 4.90.3000, IE 5.50.4134.0100)
just
> now (July 26 9:22 PM PDT) and the page loaded just fine. It's possible
that
> by some odd coincidence that each time you and others have gone to this
> site, it was offline or the internet backbone your ISP(s) use was damaged
or
> maybe the DNS lookup at your ISP was offline or any number of other
reasons.
> It's also possible that the current version of MSIE 5.5 available on the
> Microsoft website is not the same version as is packaged with Millennium,
> although I can't see why.

I've got my IE 5.5 from a friend who has downloaded it from Microsoft
website and
my version is 5.50.4134.0600. And this is maybe the reason why you've seen
that
page correctly. In general I'm not happy after upgrading from IE 5.0. I feel
that
browser and pages are loading more slowly and I think IE 5.5 requires more
resources that previuos version. I much more liked previuos version than
this buggy
current version.