DHTML & CSS update

by "Mike Kear" <mkear(at)afpwebworks.com>

 Date:  Wed, 25 Jun 2003 13:11:00 +1000
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I'm updating one of my sites, and I'm thinking of saying goodbye to the =
IE4
and NN4 users, and moving my technology along a bit, and I'd like to =
hear
your opinions ....=20

I want to use CSS positioning and DHTML menus, which (I believe) means =
only
IE5+ and NN5+ and equivalent browsers will be able to see the site  - is
that right?  (if so I don't believe that will be a problem in terms of =
users
- the stats say they're less than 3% of my users)

Has anyone else made this move?  I'd like to know what your experiences =
were
- did the users object?  Get tangled up with complaints about inability =
access the site?   Did the users like it?  (It's very quick compared to
graphics-based rollovers etc)

Cheers,
Michael Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia