Re: IE Cookie Help

by "Mike Taylor" <lonewolf(at)one.net>

 Date:  Thu, 2 Jan 2003 19:28:35 -0500
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
We ran into this too with IE because our secure site is technically a
different URL than our regular site, so it treats it as it would a
"third-party" cookie.  Things got even more interesting when, in some cases,
the user ended up in frames when visiting our store.

We found out that IE has a nice privacy "feature" which entails having to
install a privacy policy using the P3P method, where you can define all the
URLs that it should treat as primary domains and not third party ones.
Allegedly this is supposed to be a Really Good Thing (tm) but I see very few
sites that use it (well, actually, there are more out there now because IE
forces you into it).

The specific URL on w3's site is:
http://www.w3.org/P3P/details.html

This will give you step-by-step instructions on creating a P3P privacy
policy.

Mike