Re: Actinic vs. Maximizer vs. custom cart

by "Andie" <infomail(at)cogeco.ca>

 Date:  Sun, 13 Apr 2003 19:26:32 -0400
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Just my opinion with having worked with Maximizer.

You can't really compare Act with Maximizer. Act is a contact management
software and Maximizer is a CRM (customer relationsio management). The
difference is that Act is used to keep track of customers, your contacts
with them, follow-ups, etc. Maximizer can be used to create goals, projects,
marketing campaigns, and so much more.

There are different versions of Maximizer. With the Pro version you also
need to buy some type of engine to run the marketing module of it and that
alone is quite expensive (over $3000 CDN depending on number of users).
Maximizer use to come with additional software called EC Builder which is
the shopping cart software. The shopping cart is NOT built into Maximizer. I
have explored EC Builder but have not really worked with it. I don't know
how customizable it is. I'm also not sure that the version that comes with
Maximizer is a full-service version. The full version is EC Builder Pro and
I think what comes (used to and not sure if it still does) with Maximimer is
just EC Builder.

Can anyone else fill in the holes?

Andie