Re: UltraDev 4

by "Jeff Pearson" <sales(at)webalchemy.on.ca>

 Date:  Sat, 16 Dec 2000 09:36:23 -0500
 To:  "HWG Techniques List" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Cliff,

I have been using UltraDev and it's been a life saver since I do not
consider myself a programmer by any stretch. There are things it can't do
but it really depends upon what you you are building and how complex the
interaction between the pages and the DB needs to be. Because of
DreamWeaver's familiar layout you won't require much relearning since the
interface is basically the same. You can also edit the code, add code and it
will be preserved which is a nice bonus when you have to get in there and
tweak something.

I also think its a great way to learn asp coding by "doing" which worked for
me since I had to do a database driven site for a client under a tight
deadline. It does however generate some extraneous code that is not as clean
as it could be but it certainly works and I have not seens any problems or
slow downs in the pages I have done. On the other hand, it also generates
some code that is basically textbook and nicely commented as well. Version 4
will be even better and tackles some issues that were lacking in version 1
such as creating a login system.

Just my 2C,

Jeff Pearson