by "Buddy Harris" <bharris(at)stny.rr.com>

 Date:  Fri, 13 Apr 2001 11:14:38 -0400
 To:  "HWG Email List" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>Hello all,
>I've got a bunch of MP3s in a folder and some subfolders. I've set up a
navigation method using ASP where a >user can roam around and find the files
they need.
>Only thing is, when they click on the file, it just returns the data as a
string of jibberish in the browser, rather >than popping up with an 'open
file from location' or 'save as' window.
>Anyone know of a way to deliver MP3s without having to set up streaming or
something costly?
>Thanks!

I haven't had a lot of dealings with MP3s but it sounds like you FTPd them
up in ASCII mode. It's gotta be set for binary.
HTH,
Buddy