RE: Dreamweaver to create/edit Active Server Pages?

by "Ann Ezzell" <amcbainezzell(at)alum.mit.edu>

 Date:  Wed, 12 Apr 2000 09:43:41 -0700
 To:  <pbabcock(at)bgsgroup.com>,
<dclapper(at)clioassociates.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

One can use Notepad to create/edit ASP. It is, as you say, just text.

However, an editor that color codes is easier to work with. I use
HTML-Kit (free from http://www.chami.com/html-kit/) because I like the
built-in validator. I'm sure there are other freeware/shareware
editors out there, also.

The one thing to be careful with when using something like Dreamweaver
or (gack FrontPage or InterDev) is the tendency for the editor to be
"helpful" with your code. Sometimes the editor decides that what you
wrote isn't really what you meant to write, and you end up with
something you didn't want.

Visual