Re: Web site stats

by "Nancy Whittley" <NWHITTLEY(at)cinci.rr.com>

 Date:  Fri, 26 Oct 2001 06:52:27 -0400
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Ok after finding the file, I got the url for the program.  This program was
very hard to find, but here it is.  It was a bit tricky to install.  Or it
gave my just a tiny bit of trouble, but once in place it worked.  Most of
you gurus will figure it out.

You upload this one file, and create a folder where you put your
"this_image_is_stolen.gif"  Then you have to tweak the script, put a tiny
bit of code in your image tag, and that is it.  When someone tries to link
to your image, from their site, they will get this image that says your
stealing.

This is useless if someone saves your image to their system and uses it from
their own site.  This is only if they link direct to your images on your
server.

It is called Steal This
http://www.sponsorfind.com/Scripts/noSteal/

Nancy