Re: Self-updating programs

by "Karin Ransdell" <karin(at)ransdell.com>

 Date:  Wed, 26 Jul 2000 09:30:11 -0500
 To:  "jgold" <custom(at)desktoppub.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi, John.
This will do exactly what you're describing, with absolute minimal grief.
http://www.squishedmosquito.com/esp_demos.html

Select either the interactive calendar, the task manager, or the web mail
(complete desktop).

The scripting engine binary is free, the scripts are free, the scripts and
pages are completely customizable.  The update records function can be
limited to the webmaster or site owner and is done strictly through the
browser.  The scripts can be modified to build, update, and maintain any
type of record list.  The engine supports server-side includes, is browser
independent, runs on Linux and NT with a MySQL (also free) backend.  *NO*
need to learn/use PHP, Perl, ASP, SSI.  Just drop in your HTML and go.  Also
*great* for forms.

I know nothing about PHP or ASP and only what I must to get by using Perl if
necessary.  But I've gotten applications up and running an a *day* using
these scripts.

Karin