Re: Database Connectivity

by "Darrell King" <darrell(at)webctr.com>

 Date:  Tue, 25 Jan 2000 05:35:04 -0500
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
This probably doesn't help, but if you decide to switch to new software:
I set up Apache on an old PII 233 running Win98 (2nd edition), with
Perl, MySQL, and PHP in about an hour using the online manuals and a
step-by-step from phpbuilder.com.  Its not the same old environment as
Open Source on Linux, but it *does* work (except for a glitch with
executing Perl scripts that I am tracking!)...

Also, Apache makes it easy to set up virtual hosts using one IP or
multiples...nice when you have to mirror more than one client site.  I
set up the directory structure to mirror the server where I put most of
my clients...gives me a local development option that is very
nice...better than I expected on a Windows box.

So, if you don't have any luck with the Microsoft set, I'll look up that
phpbuilder article's URL for you...it's all of 5 short pages...:).

Darrell