Re: Web pages from a database

by "Andrew Armstrong" <andrew(at)wisca.co.uk>

 Date:  Thu, 24 Jan 2002 19:02:01 -0000
 To:  <hwg(at)miscsites.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Doug

What the RFP specifies is static pages generated by a simple procedure from
the database, when it has been updated. Updates are not very frequent. The
site has to sit on the servers of a county council, and the museum service
doesn't have rights to change or access very much. Their IT department seem
to be "B Ark" material, if you are familiar with the Hitchhikers Guide to
the Galaxy. I am sure it could be
arranged - but remembering that any sufficiently advanced bureaucracy is
indestinguishable from treacle, not in time for this project to be done in
2002 - or 2003 quite likely.

Andrew Armstrong