Re: digital video camera advice

by "Nancy Whittley" <NWHITTLEY(at)cinci.rr.com>

 Date:  Tue, 19 Jun 2001 10:46:19 -0400
 To:  "Noteworthy Web Designs" <webmaster(at)noteworthydesigns.com>,
"HWG Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

I have the ATI All In Wonder PCI Video Card.  It has Video in and out, and a
TV tuner.
On that I put a small inexpensive VCR, for video in, that I can play tapes,
and record with Real Producer 8.0.  Right now I just have rabbit ears
attached, so If I want I can watch the local news.

This isn't the ideal set up, as I am sure there are those who have spent a
fortune on high dollar video and recording equipment, and get way better
quality than I can.  But it works well for me.
I have other video capture software, but I haven't messed with them.  I do
not have a digital Video Camera, but the one I have will also hook up to my
system.

I only have this as an added bonus for those of my clients that want a video
on the web.  It does have its drawbacks.  This video card does require good
cooling, and I have gone through about 3 of them due to driver issues, and
odd happenings.  I have to keep special watch over this, as my AMD 1000
processor and that video card together produce a tremendous amount of heat.
I actually had a fan malfunction, the other day and my computer quit.  I
thought I fried my processor, but alas, it is like a timex,  takes a beating
and keeps on ticking.  New Fan, all is back to normal.  I am in the process
of looking into a better case for better cooling.  More fans, better
circulation.

Nancy