Re: PERL , DHTML and the myth of cross-platform work

by "Darrell King" <darrell(at)webctr.com>

 Date:  Thu, 7 Sep 2000 06:32:44 -0400
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Valid points, Eric, and well commented.  I guess my intolerance for working
a 9-to-5 under someone else's management colored my interpretation of the
note.  Thank you for clarifying the issue.

I do wonder if a small fraction of the search results were invalid because
the phrase "ASP" seems to mean "dynamic web programming" to many HR people.
Still, the results are astonishing, considering that Apache and *nix had a
significant lead over NT and company last time I checked.  I have to wonder
why the MS jobs are so hard to fill.

I suppose I'll add ASP to my kit the same time I stop to add NT Perl ports.
Then I can call all those employers using it and talk them into a) switching
to PHP and b) contracting the work to me...:).