Re: Coding

by "Lisa H" <nstar92(at)bellatlantic.net>

 Date:  Fri, 3 Nov 2000 09:02:37 -0600
 To:  <raidermp(at)CLDS.NET>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Thomas, excellent thoughts and I agree! Although Linux may be good, it is
not the way for the basic user, ie, the user who is out there to surf and
enjoy what the web has to offer.  My kids would not even begin to know what
to do with a Linux based machine. ( I do have a lot of Perl running my
Machine, and have been jointly working on a Browser) But things take time,
and the vast majority of "everyday users" are enjoyin MS, because it is easy
to learn, and they really do not care about technical mumbo jumbo.
I do admit that I am at a loss with Netscape, i cannot code for beans to
make it "look great" only decent, and that is effort.
I understand that you are into your Linux, as I am into MSIE, but let's not
go overboard!