RE: Credit Card Processing Services

by "Timothy Embler" <tembler(at)ultimatewebcreations.com>

 Date:  Wed, 19 Sep 2001 16:50:52 -0700
 To:  "'Nancy J. Foster'" <nancyf(at)quillandmouse.com>,
"'maria'" <maria(at)coachmaria.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Try cgi-resources.com

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org [mailto:owner-hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org]
On Behalf Of Nancy J. Foster
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2001 3:50 PM
To: maria; hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
Subject: Re: Credit Card Processing Services

Hello all,

This thread is similar to a problem we're currently trying to solve. We
have a client who already has merchant services for credit card
processing (for their "physical" store). They're adding a web presence
and only need the basic shopping cart functions -- secure order entry
and total calculator. Although we've built plenty of websites, this is
the first time we've needed to add an eCommerce feature to one.

The hosting company, XO, only offers Miva. While it will do what's
needed, it's got a horribly slow and clunky interface, and doesn't allow
for much customization. Naturally, this client is trying to do this on a
shoestring so I'm limited on options.

Does anyone know of other packages/services that would fit the bill?
Preferably one that's open source. XO gives us our own cgi-bin for
scripts.

TIA
--
Nancy Foster