Re: Web Hosting

by "Bryan Bateman" <batemanb(at)home.com>

 Date:  Fri, 15 Dec 2000 10:34:30 -0000
 To:  "David Artiss" <david_artiss(at)lineone.net>,
"HWG Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
If the nature of your site is non-profit or community based AND you don't
have a domain tied to it.  Many community based sites offer free web space
and "bring your own ISP".

I have worked indirectly with a few organization in my area.  They have all
gone the route of free web space just to find that it was not near enough to
accomplish their goals.  One major limiting factor is
emailaddress(at)organization.com , must "budget host" off email addresses and
most offer some sort of mailing list automation.  What about statistics, up
time, etc.  You get none of that with free space.

Good Luck in your search.  If you could post the nature of your site I might
be able to give further suggestions.