Re: Mac Test Machine

by "Nathan" <etherwolf(at)sopris.net>

 Date:  Mon, 25 Sep 2000 10:13:23 -0600
 To:  "HWG-Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Mike -
As a high school kid just out of high school working mired in the technology industry and making a damn good living (just bought my
house at 22 thank you very much) at it, I resent the thought that there is zero intelligence running around in kids these days.
Granted, I certainly remember much of the rest of my class and it was frightening...

Kathy -
I like that G4, but it runs much faster with 1024MB in it :-)
I also like the dual PIII 750 with 768MB, which happens to render more than twice as fast, but who's counting?

And to the original post -
The statement about Mac resolutions is not entirely true. You can change the desktop resolution on every Mac I've ever worked on
including a G3 and G4. Perhaps you are referring to something with the monitor built in and an OS specifically designed for that
machine (Mac Classic? :-) but you are quite able to change the resolution as much as you'd like. They may be in-between standards
for the Windows platform (832x624 and so on), but that should be about all one needs to look out for.

Cheers,

#Nathan