Re: errors on page?

by "Karin Ransdell" <kransdell(at)squishedmosquito.com>

 Date:  Wed, 15 Nov 2000 22:00:32 -0600
 To:  <webguy(at)re-data.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>,
"Tamara Abbey" <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

From: Tamara Abbey <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>
To: <webguy(at)re-data.com>; <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2000 6:58 PM
Subject: Re: errors on page?

> At 03:01 PM 11/15/00 -0800, Bob wrote:
> >Just curious...but when going to this page to download Netscape I get a
> >message in the status bar saying "Done, but with errors on page." I am
> >using IE 5.5+    Now why would this be :-)    I think I will stick with
IE
> >for now.

> Well, that's one of the reasons why I always preferred NS over IE -- NS
has
> a javascript console that you can access that will /tell/ you what the
> errors are -- and IE, when it encounters javascript errors will give a
> message "Done, but . . . "

Mouse click on the status bar and a dialog box will open to tell you exactly
where the error is and give some indication of what the syntax (or other)
error is.  You can also set IE to pop this dialog box up automatically, but
with the amount of bad -- or at the very least, subjective -- javascript
code out there, the box would pop open constantly.