Re: Score one for Mozilla

by "Darrell King" <darrell(at)webctr.com>

 Date:  Mon, 11 Mar 2002 17:30:09 -0500
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
30% of all *US* Internet users....a smaller percentage of global users.

Which takes nothing away from the impact of your message, as it's still a
substantial number of users.

We test against Mozilla .9.6 currently.  It's really not a bad browser at
all.

From: "Elizabeth Fuller" <ZilF(at)leapinliz.com>

According to
http://www.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=02/03/08/1957252&mode=thread
AOL 8.0 will no longer use IE as its browser.

Here's a pointed quote from the story:

>A browser shift by AOL is going to leave an awful lot of companies that
>assume their Web sites only need to work with Explorer scrambling to
>rewrite their code so that they don't lose AOL's 30 million-plus
>subscribers, or about 30% of all U.S. Internet users.

If 30% of all Internet users will soon be switching, nearly en masse,
from
IE to a Mozilla-based browser, I'd say the browser wars have just
heated up again. :)