Fw: W98 Programs menu

by "Nathaniel Bank" <Nathan.Bank(at)cello.net>

 Date:  Wed, 23 Feb 2000 08:27:52 -0700
 To:  "HWG-Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I originally sent this just to Peter as it's sort of OT but it seems others
would like to know how to do this. Mind you, this only works in Win98. For
95 pre-IE5 (or is it 4? Well try it and see) you'll have to use a character
before the folder/program name (i.e. 1 - Accessories, 2 - Dreamweaver, 3 -
etc.) to get it to alphabetize itself.

-- Original Reply --

You can do this in the registry but it's a huge HUGE pain (it's all in hex;
good luck!!!). In Win98 the easiest way is to click the program once, hold
it, and drag it in the order you want. For folders you have to double-click
and hold the second click to drag it.