Re: copyright violation - what to do?

by "Kehvan M. Zydhek" <kehvan(at)zydhek.net>

 Date:  Sat, 12 Jan 2002 09:59:24 -0800
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Brandon,

I would agree with your statements except for one minor little detail:

"I discovered an unauthorised copy of part of an article I wrote for
WebReference.com on a web designers site, passed off as their own content."

Lois states here that it's not credited to her, but instead is claimed to be
of the pirate's own creation. That's theft, and is where the crux of the
issue is. I can't speak for Lois, but I would imagine she wouldn't be as
upset if her article had been given proper credit to her. Of course, since
she didn't provide links to the original and the pirated versions of the
article, I can only go by what her post detailed. If you've found other
information that supports your comments, then *MY* comments are without
merit.

Kehvan

:: NORTON ANTI-VIRUS 2002 scanned this email prior to sending. It is free
:: of any known embedded or attached viruses, trojans, or internet worms.