Re: Path to perl?

by "Kehvan M. Zydhek" <kehvan(at)zydhek.net>

 Date:  Wed, 20 Mar 2002 03:55:11 -0800
 To:  "Klaas De Waele" <klaas(at)grace.be>,
<cbirds(at)earthlink.net>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Kayjey and "cbirds" and likely most others on Earthlink:

Keyjey's error message, though in what appears to me to be German, isn't
translating at any of the translators I know of... however, one line that
comes in nice and clear in English is this:

550 Dialups/open relays blocked. Contact <openrelay(at)abuse.earthlink.net>.

Not sure of the exact specifics, but since I know Earthlink has "Spaminator"
software, I suspect it looks for emailers that have open relays on their
system, either at the source or en route. Since open relays are how many
spammers get their crap out, I would say that Earthlink is taking a stand
and actively blocking those locations. Hooray for Earthlink, boo-hoo to
spammers, and we all get stuck in the middle as (insert "colorful metaphor"
of choice here) innocents. Typical.

Kayjey and "cbirds", I would recommend you both contact the above Earthlink
address and question them specifically about this. It could be inadvertent
and they might be able to remove the block. I know that when one of my
clients' opt-in newsletters got blocked once, we contacted Earthlink,
explained the situation, and within a few hours, they had reopened their
mail system to our services. It was fairly quick and painless.

It doesn't hurt to try. :-)

Kehvan

:: NORTON ANTI-VIRUS 2002 scanned this email prior to sending. It is free
:: of any known embedded or attached viruses, trojans, or internet worms.