RE: Here's a question to chew on

by "David Clapper" <dclapper(at)clioassociates.com>

 Date:  Fri, 17 Nov 2000 08:04:27 -0800
 To:  Brian.Kortland(at)AIG.com hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

Hi Brian,

I had to do something similar - I used ASP and the Microsoft
FSO (File System Objects) to create a comma-delimited text file.
 After creating the text file, the ASP called SA-FileUp (of course,
you can use something different) to download the file to the
user's desktop.

If you have Excel installed on your servers, you could probably
use Excel's object model to create an Excel file and download
that, so folks wouldn't need to muck with the comma-delimited
file.

And of course, you can probably do this all in CF (esp. since
CF can invoke COM objects).

HTH ...