Re: Am I in a time warp?

by Rob Mastro <lyrictung(at)abac.com>

 Date:  Tue, 25 Apr 2000 09:59:15 -0500
 To:  "'hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org'" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Brian,

Backwards compatibility in CSS, IMHO, is that while you can make your
pages wonderful in 4.0 and above, they are still viewable in 3.0
browsers. Users of 3.0 may not see all the niceties of your style
sheet, but the pages are still quite tidy.

They "degrade gracefully" if the structure of the HTML is clean. When
I use CSS I always make sure to validate through W3C. If you have
access to a browser in which you can disable CSS (such as Opera), take
a look at HWG's home page with CSS on and CSS off. While not
"beautiful" with CSS off, the page is still useable.

--
-Rob