Re: Fw: Dreamweaver, Fireworks, and mouseovers

by "Mike Kear" <choicemag(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Thu, 10 Feb 2000 17:47:30 EST
 To:  fiore(at)futura.net,
hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

If you use it correctly, Fireworks produces good code for this.  There's a
tutorial in the fireworks help on how to do it.

Broadly, you do this:

(a) create the normal buttons - all of them
(b) create the "down" buttons - all of them - in a new frame.
(c) slice the buttons up using the slice tool.
(d) as you create each slice, apply the slice properties and the links to
the other pages.
(e) as you create each slice, apply the behavours - simple rollover in this
case
(f) save.
(g) export the slices - use either dreamweaver format if you're going to
bring the result into dreamweaver (this means the comments etc in the code
have comment hooks that dreamweaver is looking for - not proprietary html
code) or use html format if you're going to use any other editor.

Bingo you're done.

And in fireworks your buttons all remain editable, so you can create new
ones in a hurry or change the text on the buttons etc.

If you need more detailed info, I'll try to find a tutorial on the web
somewhere for you, or write the procedures out in detail.  But I do rollover
navigation bars in about 10 minutes more than actually creating the images.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Mike Kear
AFP Web Development