Re: Making a table

by Philip Putnam <cmdir(at)juno.com>

 Date:  Mon, 6 Mar 2000 16:00:03 -0500
 To:  griffinj002(at)hawaii.rr.com
 Cc:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>Do you have Excel? You can get a free add on for Excel that allows you
>produce it into HTMl (and then go in and clean up the coding with an
>editor).

Why would you need an add-on? You're perfectly capable of doing this
without any third-party software.  I used to do this for my directory
untill I switched over to a template-driven directory/search engine.

If you have 3 fields, TITLE, URL, and DESCRIPTION (located at columns A,
B, and C, respectively), then in a fourth column you'd just add a
forumula like:

and copy it down through your spreadsheet.  The cell references will
change automaticly for you.

Philip Putnam                 cmdir(at)juno.com
Non-Silent Christian Directories
Search:              http://ucmd.virtualave.net
Radio Stations:           Still working on that.