Re: Table Backgrounds

by "Mr.Wizard" <sdeemer(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Fri, 28 Apr 2000 06:18:46 -0700 (PDT)
 To:  "Franklin,
Douglass" <Douglass.Franklin(at)ssa.gov>,
"'hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org'" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
First off make sure you understand and use the rules
of Tables in Netscape vers IE
Rule #1: Table Data needs be on one line for Netscape
without a return or results will be not desired..
Example:
  <TR>
    <TD></TD>
  </TR>

Notice the Td and closing TD are on the same line..
one cell no returns.. Returns will create an invisible
space not desired and in most cases ,Netscape, will be
a white space in the graphic..
Rule #2: Never use and empty cell if there is to be a
cell used..
Example:
Always fill your cell even if you do nto use it
<TD>&nbsp;</TD> or if you could use the Span..
Netscape will see an empty cell and in earlier version
ignor it or rather shink it doown to nothing size
resulting in yet more discusting looking site..
IE is more forgiving on this. This is partly because
of FrontPage where the code is completely bad to look
at.. They rewrote the browser to forgive the creation
of thier own product...

    Hope this helps you a little to start with...

--- "Franklin, Douglass" <Douglass.Franklin(at)ssa.gov>

=====
    www.pc-wizard.net       Mr.Wizard(at)pc-wizard.net