Re: Device Determination

by Steve <sdeemer(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Mon, 16 Oct 2000 13:11:17 -0700 (PDT)
 To:  Poster Boy <pmmenneg(at)hotmail.com>,
HWG - Techniques <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>,
publisher(at)bton.com
  todo: View Thread, Original
WML is for Wireless Markup.. I.e. cell phones and
palms alike..
You can verify the header info like you would in html
a few ways you can find out what it is the client is
coming in with..
1) have the server setup a few start pages.. I.e. if
you can have the server start with
index.htm,index.html,default.html Whatever.. but make
sure you include the index.wml for the browsers whom
only read that type...
Or you could have an ASP page look for header info and
browser version/type and send back the right page.. or
doc.write..

I have done this but it has been about 6months since I
worked ont eh site but I will send you my code and
notes if you want off the list if you wish.. I just
need to get on my server and find the info.. I had
created a site that sent you the E-mail from exchange
server and needed to know if you were a PC or cell
phone..
Worked great all interested ccan e-mail me...

=====
    www.pc-wizard.net       Mr.Wizard(at)pc-wizard.net