Re: Question on Robots.txt

by Susan Vollmer <susanvollmer(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Tue, 13 Feb 2001 18:45:28 -0800 (PST)
 To:  "Davies,
Elizabeth H." <EHDavies(at)West.com>,
"HWG-technique Mailing List \(E-mail\)" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Elizabeth,

My understanding is the same as what you described
that the robots.txt file is used more to disallow
directories or to give full open access to search
engines and spiders depending on the content of the
text file.

For my own web site, I place different key words on
each web page in the site.  Some of the words are the
same but my story pages will vary based on the
country, who the person was and what the person was
involved in.  This allows certain directories or
search engines (especially Yahoo and Google) to find
the specific page that will help the user.  Most
people only want to see the page with the information
they were looking for.  They don't necessarily want to
start at the beginning of the site and try to find it.

Regards,
Susan V.
http://www.fallenmartyrs.com