Our computer doesn't seem to automatically download midis.

by Olga Stewart <stewart_olga(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Tue, 6 Mar 2001 17:48:13 -0800 (PST)
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello.

Today, I was surfing and I noticed that every time I
came to a site that had a midi file on it, I would get
a pop up prompt telling me that there was an embedded
object on the page and that it wasn't supported.
Also, I would be told that I didn't have an ActiveX
viewer for this on the computer.

When it asked if I would like to download the viewer,
I clicked yes.  Thinking that would be the end of it,
I went on surfing.  But I came to another site with a
midi file on it, and voila!  The same thing happened.
Another pop up prompt came on.

I've spent the afternoon trying to figure out what
could be going wrong.  I have looked through download
sites but nothing seemed to make sense.  I tried
changing the security settings for ActiveX functions
on the computer.  No dice, there, either.

The only thing I can think of as to why this is
happening is of a game that I uploaded to the
computer, yesterday.  It was a CD for the game CLUE.
It's on the E:\ drive.  I'm sure where it's located
isn't a problem but it could be it did something to
the midi file capability of the computer.

I don't really know.  But I hope I have explained this
clearly enough.  If not, please ask again and I'll see
what I can do to clarify this some more.

Also, if anyone has an idea what might be going on,
I'll be all ears.

Thanks, in advance.

Take care.
                                                 Olga

=====
"Nothing we human beings do is without emotion."
                               -- Pete Townshend

Visit Olga's/Maddie's world at-->
http://members.tripod.com/~MikesMaddie